Friday 3 April 2020

Flying Kites and Horticulturists



More films, Here's one of the short stretch below the bottom bends that we have reopened this winter. It was out of bounds for a few years as my employer used the paddock annually to rear a litter of greyhound puppies.



People have commented that I seem to have acquired a bit of a tremor since isolation began.

I'll own that wine is being taken, and when will Faustino IV be assigned key worker status for his work in the world of Rioja?

To counter this criticism of shaky shots, I've mobilised the finest forces from Manfrotto.

This current crop of films are undoubtedly more steady with only the occasional jump during the difficult panning process.


These Red Kites were mucking about above my head for much of the day.

There now follows a short film for the horticulturists.

With the clocks gone on, I now spend most evenings up on my allotment. I arrive on my magic bike and it's my "safe space" nurturing many things to see us through the impending apocalypse is very6 soothing. I've always grown vegetables, but my principle patch at home has been claimed by the roots of a substantial sycamore and each year yields have declined a little more and the Sycamore has gone from strength to strength.



At this point, we would like to apologise to seasoned readers of this guff.

Several years ago we built a bridge and tried to pass off the person conducting the grand opening as The Duchess of Cambridge.

It wasn't The Duchess of Cambridge but Kylie Minogue.

We are very sorry for this misrepresentation but Kylie has previous in this field, just ask The Ivy, Tramp and The All England Tennis Club.

By way of penitence Kylie has subsequently been locked in the shed, for which she is very grateful as several have ended up headless in The Tower for this kind of thing



4 comments:

Ludgershall said...

Re: Allotment tour vvv nice, but you forgot to tell us where you are going to plant the RICE!

Ludgershall.

Backwoodsman said...

You certainly live in a wonderful part of the world. As a keen fisherman myself I look at that stretch of river with envy. I am out in rural north
Yorkshire. Self isolation, not a problem as We have 7 acres to look after . Have extended the already large veg plot. Thought crossed my mind when this crisis is over and I get back to fishing ,I may not have enough time for the upkeep. One thing I do miss apart from fishing is my weekend trip to the pub.

Test Valley River Keeper said...

Rice?

I've planted the entire contents of a tim of ambrosia's finest in the bottom field.

Should be cropping around mid July, cans n'all

Carry on

Test Valley River Keeper said...

Thanks for dropping in Backwoodsman,

I remember pubs.

Which part of Yorkshire are you in? I know the rivers around Malton and Picketing reasonably well.

Nurturing vegetables seems to provide increased succour in these strange times, a good thing to do.

Chris