Thursday 26 March 2020

Balm for a Self Isolated Fisher's Soul

,

Well that last film seemed to draw reasonable reviews, so by way of balm for a chalk stream fisher’s soul, here’s another.

Not much to report, other than river in great knick and today I fired up the mower for the first time in 2020. Washing hands furiously and packed up picking my nose.

It’s a day to day thing and while I know I am immensely privileged to move freely about this aquatic environs, my allotment has provided immense succour these past few weeks.

Unfortunately it may be out of bounds for a few weeks, which is a tremendous shame. I ride up on my bike, open the gate with my gloves on, keep my distance from other allotmenteers and grow food.

Not much social mixing there then.

Anyway, with regards to guff, little and often from now on.

More film footage to follow,

in the meantime,

Keep Em Peeled

Doh!

2 comments:

The Two Terriers said...

Chris, Absolutely delightful. I now expect a weekly film, just like the one you get get from the garage for your MOT. This MOT is for the soul. Even the sound is more than good enough. Stay safe and no fencing. ATB, John

Test Valley River Keeper said...

Off fencing, although I've a bridge to build. All sorts of birds turning up this week. Tried to get the Ceti's warbler on backing vocals but he wasn't compliant.

Chris